By being proactive and taking into account all of the environmental impacts and aspects for all operations, we set ourselves apart. We believe that our consciousness and attitude to environmental matters as a company engenders a sense of responsibility in our employees.
Through our environmental policy, Kilnbridge is committed to legal compliance, prevention of pollution and the conservation and sustainable use of natural resources.
Our environmental policy is reviewed annually by the Board of Directors to ensure strategic direction, setting of objectives and ensure that resources are allocated correctly.
Kilnbridge operate an integrated management system that incorporates our environmental management system accredited to ISO 14001.
- Through diverting waste from landfill and promoting the reuse of materials both in our own business and that of our clients.
- Avoiding pollution from our business activities through holistic assessment.
- Measuring our Carbon Footprint to identify opportunities for reduction.
- Promoting resource efficiency and good working practices through planning of works and staff competency and training.
- Kilnbridge have signed up to the WRAP commitment for halving waste to landfill by 2012. We welcome WRAP’s challenge, which will see us aim to minimise waste in the first place by working closely with our clients and supply chain, as well as achieve a 90% reuse/recycle rate for all our projects.
Through this hard work and commitment Kilnbridge have been finalists and winners of the following environmental awards:
- Construction News Specialists Awards
Finalist - Sustainability Award 2009
- Thames Gateway Business Awards
Winner - Sustainable Business of the Year Award 2008
- Havering Business Awards
Runner Up - Environmental Business of the Year Award 2008
- Archant London Environmental Awards
Finalist - Environmental Business of the Year 2008